Activities & Restaurants
Commonly referred to as Vail Valley, Vail is home to beautiful mountain peaks, plenty of backcountry, and stunning aspen trees that come alive with color during the Colorado fall. Visitors come from all over the world to hit the slopes in one of the many back bowls, in Blue Sky Basin, or in Vail Front Side. Even if you are not a skier or snowboarder, Vail offers plenty of other things to do, like horseback riding, snowshoeing, or shopping at the luxurious boutiques of Vail Village. Vail is an amazing destination all year round with something to please everyone.
- Stand Up Paddle Colorado: http://standuppaddlecolorado.com/
- Sage Adventures: www.sageoutdooradventures.com
- Lakota Guides: http://lakotaguides.com
- Timberline Tours: http://timberlinetours.com/
- Turtle Bus Adventures: https://theturtlebus.com/
- Bol Vail: Food and Bowling in the heart of Vail Village www.bolvail.com Reservations: 970-476-5300
- The Back Bowl Family Entertainment Center: www.thebackbowl.com
- Free Summer Concert Series: http://www.vail.com/summer/events/hot-summer-nights.aspx
Jeep & ATV Tours:
- Timberline Tours: www.timberlinetours.com 1800-831-1414 or 970-476-1414
- The Ranch at Spraddle Creek: 970-478-6941
- Beaver Creek Stables: www.vailhorses.com 970-845-7770
- Triple G Outfitters: 970-926-1234
- Paintball in the Rockies: 888-949-NOVA or 719-486-2656
- Beaver Creek Hiking Center: www.beavercreek.com 970-754-5373
- Sweet Basil – $$$ Trendy hot spot for inspired New American eats in the swanky dining room or drinks at the buzzy bar.
- Westside Café & Market – $$ Cozy spot for down-home cooking from breakfast to dinner, plus cocktails like a popular Bloody Mary.
- Mountain Standard – $$ Stylish, upmarket gastropub offering New American fare, beers, bourbons & more in a woody space.
- Up the Creek – $$$ Warm, neutral-toned dining room in a creekside setting serving a farm-fresh American menu
- Tavern on the Square – $$$ Nestled within The Arrabelle at Vail Square and only steps away from the Eagle Bahn gondola, The Tavern on the Square is Vail’s most happening spot for delicious food and drink, before and after you hit the mountain.
- Bol – $$$ Bowl and dine at the lane or in their trendy bar-restaurant offering deluxe versions of comfort food favorites
- Elways – $$$ Located in the Lodge at Vail, Elway’s serves prime hand-cut steaks, fine fish and crustaceans in a distinctive setting at our sister property at the base of Vail Mountain.
- Lancelot – $$$ Famous for its prime rib and a favorite of returning guests, Lancelot also serves nightly specials, steaks, fresh fish and seafood. Enjoy summertime dining outside along beautiful Gore Creek.
- Russell’s – $$$ Located creek side in the heart of Vail Village, Russell’s serves great steaks and crab legs in a friendly, relaxes atmosphere with a popular bar scene.
- Vail Chophouse – $$$ Serves prime steaks, chops, seafood, and shellfish on their sunny patio at the base of the Eagle Bahn gondola in Lionshead. Open for lunch and dinner.
- La Tour Restaurant & Bar – $$$ Sophisticated French bistro with creative yet elegant dishes & a comprehensive wine list.
- Alpenrose – $$ Serving authentic Austrian and German cuisine with a contemporary twist, boasting Vail’s only Belgian patisserie and bakery. Serving lunch and dinner.
- Pepi’s Restaurant – $$$ One of Vail’s oldest restaurants, Pepi’s serves continental cuisine in an Austrian ambiance. The expansive patio is a prime spot for people watching! Open for lunch and dinner.
- Terra Bistro – $$$ Inviting, upscale New American eatery serving up unfussy yet creative dishes with local ingredients.
- Swiss Chalet – $$$$ A Vail tradition featuring fondue, raclette and authentic cuisine from the Alps. Serving Dinner only.
- Campo de Fiori – $$$ Enjoy fine Northern Italian cuisine in an upbeat atmosphere with charming décor. Campo de Fiori is a long-time favorite of locals and visitors alike.
- La Bottega – $$ The oldest name in authentic Italian cuisine features wood-fired pizzas, signature Italian and continental dishes, with a spacious wine bar and an extensive wine list. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Mezzaluna – $$ Located at the base of Lionshead just steps from the Arrabelle, this family friendly, casual restaurant serves Mexican and Latin American cuisine. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Blue Moose Pizza – $ A family favorite, serving pizza, salads, pasta and Italian dishes in Vail Square. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Local Joe’s Pizza – $$ Local Joe’s delivers pizza, subs and salads from 11am – 2am 7 days a week. Hands down we have the best pizza in the Vail Valley. Just ask the locals.
- Pazzo’s Pizza – $ The boys of Pazzo’s – Hutch, Powder Tom, and Mike O – met in the mountains of Vail, skiing and snowboarding by day and cooking pizza by night. In 1990 they opened their first Pazzo’s Pizzeria in Vail, Colorado.
- Vendetta’s – $$ This casual pizza and pasta house is perfect for a relaxed evening with family and friends. Their patio bar is a meeting place for locals and guests alike. Open for lunch and dinner.